Human Rights Lawyer Hamilton
Everyone has the right to work in a safe, respectful, harassment-free environment.
HUMAN RIGHTS LAWYER
We understand how difficult it can be to come forward about discrimination or harassment. McMahon Molyneaux Henriquez Labour & Employment Lawyers progressive approach to law aims to empower people who have experienced discrimination and to help employers prevent discrimination in their workforce.
Representing individuals with human rights complaints
Sarah represents individuals in human rights complaints on issues including:
- Workplace discrimination and harassment
- Pregnancy and maternity leave/parental leave discrimination
- Parental status discrimination and accommodation
- Sexual harassment, sexism and discrimination based on your sex, gender or gender identity
- Discrimination and harassment based on your sexual orientation or gender expression
- Disability accommodation
- Racism and religious discrimination
McMahon Molyneaux Henriquez Labour & Employment Law Policies
Sarah is committed to providing services in a manner which promotes dignity, independence and equal access. Please note the following:
- This office is an LGBTQ2SIA+ positive space
- Infants, children and breastfeeding parents are welcome
- McMahon Molyneaux Henriquez is a safe space for survivors of abuse and domestic violence
- Newcomers, migrants, refugees and people without status are welcome
- The office welcomes people who use assistive devices or who are accompanied by a service animal or a support person.
- The office is accessible to most, with a wheelchair accessible main floor entrance and elevator.
- Sarah is happy to work with you to provide reasonable accommodation suited to your individual needs and comfort and recognize that accommodation is a cooperative process. Sarah welcomes your feedback on issues of accessibility.
McMahon Molyneaux Henriquez Labour & Employment Lawyers believe that everyone has the right to work in a safe, respectful, harassment-free environment
Unfortunately discrimination and harassment on the job continue to be a reality for many employees. Often, employees don’t know about their rights or don’t know how to fight back against a bad boss. Sarah’s focus is on gender discrimination, sexual harassment and pregnancy discrimination. Some of Sarah’s human rights work includes cases like:
- Suing employers for sexual harassment based on inappropriate comments or sexual assault in the workplace, whether this is based on her client’s sex, gender/gender identity or gender expression
- Providing guidance to employees who need accommodation in the workplace during their pregnancies or following miscarriage
- Representing employees in human rights tribunal applications when their jobs are eliminated during maternity leave or parental leave
- Working with employees to achieve reasonable workplace parental status accommodations to ensure that they can balance daycare and their shifts
- Addressing issues like the gender pay gap and other sexist policies in the workplace
- Assisting employers in developing meaningful policies and training on human rights, discrimination and sexual harassment in their workplaces