Landlord and Tenant Lawyer

Making things fair for residents of Ontario 

McMahon Molyneaux Henriquez are Landlord and Tenant Lawyers in Ontario who are proud to offer cost-effective representation to those who need support in their residential tenancy disputes.

Our lawyers and paralegals offer support and representation at the Landlord and Tenant Board across Ontario including Hamilton, Niagara Region, Guelph, Kitchener-Waterloo, Cambridge, Milton, Oakville, Burlington, Mississauga and Toronto.

Disputes between tenants and landlords can be very emotional and can lead to complex legal proceedings. It is our goal to assist parties in repairing their relationships. At the same time, we also appreciate that sometimes it is best to end a relationship and move on.

Why hire a Landlord and Tenant Lawyer to represent you in Court?

We can help you better understand your rights and assist with drafting lease agreements and filling out the appropriate Landlord and Tenant Board forms.

The Landlord and Tenant Board today is unfortunately facing considerable backlog. It can take months to secure a hearing date, and it is therefore important that forms are filled out correctly and that proper procedures are followed. If the rules are not followed, files could be dismissed at the long-awaited hearing, requiring parties to start again costing even more time and money. To avoid these setbacks, consider speaking with a member of our team before you start the process.

The Landlord and Tenant Board hear thousands of applications per year. Some of the most common applications dealt with by the Board are:

  • L1: Application to Evict a Tenant for Non-Payment of Rent and to Collect Rent the Tenant Owes,
  • L2: Application to End a Tenancy and Evict a Tenant or Collect Money,
  • T2: Application about Tenant Rights,
  • T5: Landlord Gave a Notice of Termination in Bad Faith, and
  • T6: Tenant Application about Maintenance.

Forms before the Landlord and Tenant Board are regularly filled out incorrectly by tenants and landlords and can lead to serious legal consequences. Common forms used at the Landlord and Tenant Board that are regularly filed incorrectly include the following:

  • N1: Notice of Rent Increase
  • N4: Notice to End a Tenancy Early for Non-payment of Rent
  • N5: Notice to End your Tenancy for Interfering with Others, Damage or Overcrowding
  • N6: Notice to End your Tenancy For Illegal Acts or Misrepresenting Income in a Rent-Geared-to-Income Rental Unit
  • N7: Notice to End your Tenancy For Causing Serious Problems in the Rental Unit or Residential Complex
  • N11: Agreement to End the Tenancy
  • N12: Notice to End your Tenancy because the Landlord, a Purchaser or a Family Member Requires the Rental Unit
  • N13: Notice to End your Tenancy Because the Landlord Wants to Demolish the Rental Unit, Repair it or Convert it to Another Use

If you find yourself facing a landlord and tenant issue, be it a landlord not making repairs, an issue with rent, or something else, our Landlord and Tenant Lawyers and Paralegals can help.

How much does it cost to hire a Landlord and Tenant Lawyer?

We offer a variety of packages to assist you in your representation.

Whether you are looking for full representation and attendance before the Landlord and Tenant Board, or support with filling out and responding to forms or notices, our team will assist in ways that are tailor-made to your situation. With the added benefit of having trained paralegals, our support can be offered in a way that suits your budget.

For assistance, please contact us today to arrange a consultation.

Call us at 905-522-0600 or fill out this quick form.